|← Patch 1.3.2-f1||Patch 1.4.0-f3||Patch 1.4.1-f2 →|
Free update with new landscaping tools coming out today! Let's first see how it looks:
Last week we went over the new features and today we should look into what else this patch brings along. Not only did we work on the water structures and landscaping tools but also tried to fix as many bugs as we could as well as work on improvements. Similar work will continue during the spring, so please don't give into despair even if the most annoying bug for you hasn't been looked into yet.
We have gotten a lot of requests about the road elevation being too steep. Therefore the roads, paths, tunnels and tracks now have a new button in the Option panel where you can select snapping and straight or curve type. The button has 3 states and can be used to cycle through 3 preset heights for the elevation step when using page up and page down. This will give a little bit more precision to laying those roads. Placing of the dams should also get slightly easier with the terrain topography visible in the build view.
The theme editor got some bugs fixes, like the water normal for a theme not getting saved and the grass colour offset values not getting updated. There's also improved error handling for mods that break and disable other mods. We really hope this will make it easier for players to find broken mods after an update. On top of that we fixed a ton of localization bugs and other smaller issues. Read the full patch notes at the end of the post.
I want to thank all the community members for providing us invaluable feedback and rooting us to continue developing Cities: Skylines forward :)
We have a couple of days off because of Easter and later next week I will be rather busy representing at some local events. Therefore I'll skip the word next week and get back to you in April. In the meanwhile remember to Praise the Chirper to win tickets to visit us here in Tampere.
Happy Easter and I really hope you enjoy the update!
- Landscaping tools - Tools to edit terrain heights (Shift, Level, Smooth, Slopes), 3 brush sizes and 3 strengths are available in the option bar.
- Paths - Paths were moved from Decorations to Landscaping Paths
- Trees - Trees were moved from the Props Decorations group to Landscaping Trees
- Rocks - Added rocks objects
- Water Structures - contains Floodwalls, Quays and Canals
- Decoration service renamed to Parks&Plazas
- Parks - The Standard parks
- Plazas - The Plazas style parks
- Others parks - The parks which don't belong in the 2 categories above
- Tourism & Leisure - After Dark DLC only, contains all the park assets from After Dark
- Winter Parks - Snowfall DLC only, contains all the park assets from Snowfall and only shows if you are in a Winter map
- New categories for Unique Buildings
- The Environment panel of the Map editor now contains several terrain props such as ruined/abandoned buildings and rocks.
- The roads, paths, tunnels and tracks now have a new button in the Option panel where you can select snapping and straight or curve type. The button has 3 states and can be used to cycle through 3 preset heights for the elevation step when using page up and page down.
- New steam achievements implemented
- Default maps updated with new environment props
- Dam placement shows terrain topography
- Blurry cliff textures improved
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Text: SPA/FRE/RUS : In-Game: Line color will overlap the Line Name in the Public Transport - Lines detail window.
- Fixed: PDX Accounts creation lacks countries (Montenegro added).
- Fixed: Suggestion: Expansion 2: UI: The Lines Detail panel could be easier to access.
- Fixed: Suggestion: Expansion 2: UI: The total number of transport lines could be added in the Lines Detail panel.
- Fixed: Asset Editor: You can have two rows of Roads buttons at the same time
- Fixed: Main Menu: Tools: Mouse wheel scroll does not work in the "map theme" selection screen. (Fixed also in theme selections.)
- Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: The Prisoners and Cyclists statistics are displayed in the City Statistic even if the After Dark expansion has not been purchased.
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Public Transport Lines can only be sorted in one direction
- Fixed: Expansion: Design: Vehicles coming out of Cargo Hubs have incorrect path causing looping and traffic issues.
- Fixed: Theme Editor: Changing the water normal for a theme does not get saved
- Fixed: Faulty transition when connecting bicycle path to pavement path
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Theme Editor: Grass color offset values doesn't get updated on the map immediately
- Fixed: Expansion 2: It is difficult to understand the impact of Heating on the budget
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Pathfinding: Sometimes, snow plows and road maintenance vehicles do not complete their work shift and disappear.
- Fixed: Expansion 2: "Unsubscribe all" and "disable all" are missing a letter in 1600x900 resolution
- Fixed: Keybinding strings under the Theme Editor tab are unlocalized
- Fixed: Strings regarding themes in New Game and Load Game menus are unlocalized
- Fixed: Text in Asset Editor tab of the Keymapping menu is cut-off in several languages
- Fixed: Several entries in Keymapping \ Asset Editor are unlocalized
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Snowfall map names in the New Game menu are unlocalized in Korean
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Water & Sewage tooltip in Budget menu does not mention Heating.
- Fixed: "Last updated" text overlaps button in several languages in the Content Manager
- Fixed: The "Included in x styles" text does not get updated when switching language settings
- Fixed: LOC: POL: The "Households" text in a district's Info Panel is overlapping with the Population graph.
- Fixed: LOC: ALL: Map Editor: Import and Export Heightmap not localized.
- Fixed: Expansion 2: Some of the new Snowfall props aren't localised in the Asset Editor
- Fixed: Expansion 1: "2x3_Nightclub01" has wrong sort of names
- Fixed: German language - 'Reset Configuration' button is inconsistent (big letters) with other buttons
- Fixed: Gameplay option "dynamic weather" is translated wrong to German
- Fixed: LOC: FRE/POR/RUS/POL/GER: Text: The warning message when changing resolutions is cut-off.
- Fixed: Several non-winter maps in the New Games panel are not localised in any language except English
- Modding: Added few serializers for some data types to go into CRPs (DepotAI.SpawnPoint, PropInfo.Effect, BuildingInfo.SubInfo, PropInfo.ParkingSpace, PropInfo.SpecialPlace)
- Modding: Improved error handling for mods causing exceptions during the ILoading interface callbacks and consequently disabling other mods
- Modding: Added profiling ability for custom content loading (using the --enabled-dev-ui toggle, Show loading profile and Show custom content)
- ↑ "CO word of the week #4 - 12/2016 + Patch notes 1.4.0-f3". Paradox Interactive. 22 March 2016.
|← Patch 1.3.2-f1||Patch 1.4.0-f3||Patch 1.4.1-f2 →|
|Cities: Skylines||1.0.6b • 1.0.7b • 1.0.7c • 1.1.0 • 1.1.1b|
|After Dark||1.2.0 • 1.2.1-f1 • 1.2.2-f2|
|Snowfall||1.3.0 • 1.3.2-f1 • 1.4.0-f3 • 1.4.1-f2 • 1.5.0-f4|