|← Patch 1.0.7c||Patch 1.1.0||Patch 1.1.1b →|
Greetings my dear Chirpies!
Today we are proud and excited to bring you our first large content update: Cities: Skylines 1.1.0 - European Theme. This update is, as promised, totally free to all our players - current and future.
So what are you getting today?
- Over 50 European style buildings
- Wall-to-wall buildings enabling players to build those European streets and neighbourhoods
- Three new starter maps
- Tunnels, one of the community’s most requested features
- A number of Asset Editor additions including the ability to import custom vehicles
- A multitude of smaller cosmetic additions and bug fixes.
- The European style buildings are a map theme, meaning you will need to play a map in the European biome in order to see them.
- Many mods and (some) custom assets will not work with 1.1.0 and will need updating by their author. We have worked hard to cause as few conflicts as possible with popular mods, yet this is a substantial update and with the code & functionality changes some issues have been impossible to avoid. Going forward we aim to find a solution where we can work with our core modders pre-launch to give them ample time to adjust their creations before the public have access.
Our brand manager (the handsome guy you've seen in several videos) has the following to say about the expansion plans for Cities: Skylines.
- "Cities: Skylines will continue to follow the traditions set by other recent Paradox releases such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV of paid expansions combined with large updates of free content ensuring that all players, whether they choose to purchase the expansions or not, will have plenty of new features to look forward to. One of the major differences, however, between those titles and Cities: Skylines will be that minor DLC updates will be uncommon. The majority of content updates will be significant upgrades and additions.
- Going forward, we will focus on giving away the main features for free and improving the modding tools, while also selling major expansions around new mechanics. But we will also continue to offer free content such as new buildings and road types."
Full patch notes for Cities: Skylines 1.0.7 - 1.1.0Edit
Features & NewEdit
- New: European theme added
- New: 72 European buildings in the European theme
- New: Support for corner and adjacent buildings in the European theme
- New: 3 maps added with European theme (Cliffside Bay, Foggy Hills and Grand River)
- New: Tunnels for roads and rail added
- New: Metro tunnels can be built at different levels
- Options: V sync option added
- Options: Invert Y mouse axis added
Editor & ModdingEdit
- Launch options: added -noWorkshop to disable Steam workshop
- Asset editor: Increased limit for bridge pillar count
- Asset editor: Hedge added to residential props
- Asset editor: Added custom vehicle importing
- Asset editor: Added the ability to set custom thumbnails and tooltip images for all types of assets (in the save panel)
- Asset editor: New editable properties exposed
- Asset editor: Added ability to inherit building unlock milestone from template
- Asset editor: vehicles have a Steam tag "Vehicle"
- Asset editor: Fixed cut off text and missing spaces in the Properties box
- Asset editor: Water Service buildings can now have proper pipe connections
- Asset editor: Custom harbors and cargo harbors are now usable in-game
- Asset editor: Custom airports now get visited by planes, like an actual airport
- Asset editor: Fixed issue where some custom assets could not be loaded in-game after editing
- Asset editor: Fixed missing texture for landfills
- Asset Editor: Fixed a rare issue where holding and releasing the mouse button would not be recognized
- Content manager: Introduced a new layout
- Modding API: Added OnEnabled/OnDisabled support for IUserMod. Called everytime a mod is becoming active or inactive
- Map editor: Fixed issue where users could place a water source outside the map area
- Map editor: Fixed free camera hotkey not working
Bugfixes & MiscEdit
- Linux: support for JPG workshop previews added
- Linux: users can now use numpad-Enter in-game
- Linux: Fixed rare issue where users crashed due to a faulty asset
- Fixed issue with 1x1 buildings "disappearing" when zoomed out too far
- Fixed several localization issues
- devInfo.txt is no longer needed
- Achievements are now properly localized
- Small contrast changes in some information windows to improve colorblind accessibility
- Fixed issue where some elevated roads became immune to interaction
- Metro and train lines now properly update when changed
- Cruise ships no longer travel over land :’(
- The 2x2 OreCrusher now has a purpose in life
- Ireland is properly represented on the Union Jack
- Cursor no longer disappears when you press Esc whilst rotating the camera
- Adjusted upkeep cost of some roads to the one displayed in their tooltip
- People no longer die when your city is at 0 population
- Fixed an issue where right clicking a button would highlight it incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where free camera mode was not enabled after viewing milestones
- Fixed an issue where changing language in-game would not change language for some menus
- Fixed an issue with mouse button key bindings
- Fixed an issue where the options menu would not be closed properly by hitting the esc key
- Fixed an issue where temporary save files would sometimes be visible
- Fixed an issue where roads would snap to inaccessible sections of hydro dams
- Fixed a graphics issue where text would sometimes be corrupted at the bottom of save and load menus
- Trees in terrain heights view should now have the proper colors for their elevation
- Fixed an issue where users could elevate the height of gravel paths, even though they could not place them
- Fixed a minor graphical issue in the content manager
- Fixed some text alignment problems
- Text references to left and right mouse buttons now take left-handed mouse settings into account
- Added confirmation prompt for Reset Unique Buildings
The Cities: Skylines Team
|← Patch 1.0.7c||Patch 1.1.0||Patch 1.1.1b →|
|Cities: Skylines||1.0.6b • 1.0.7b • 1.0.7c • 1.1.0 • 1.1.1b|
|After Dark||1.2.0 • 1.2.1-f1 • 1.2.2-f2|
|Snowfall||1.3.0 • 1.3.2-f1 • 1.4.0-f3 • 1.4.1-f2 • 1.5.0-f4|