Cities: Skylines is a city building simulation developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive. Cities: Skylines was released for digital distribution on Steam for Windows, OS X and Linux. The Xbox One and Windows 10 version was released on 21 April 2016. The PlayStation 4 version was released on 15 August 2017, and the Nintendo Switch version was released on 13 September 2018.
As the main game of the franchise, Cities: Skylines offers the basic features to construct a typical, thriving city.
- Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: As the mayor of the city, cities will be faced with the basic necessities to become a thriving city, such as education, safety, fire, water and sewage, and healthcare.
- Extensive local traffic simulation: Traffic is well-crafted and simulated to portray a bustling city.
- Districts and policies: Areas can be assigned districts and apply policies to alter the behavior.
- Extensive modding support: Through the Steam workshop, modders can create and share their creations to expand the creativity.
- Main article: After Dark
After Dark is the first expansion pack announced for Cities: Skylines. After Dark revolves around nightly activities, such as leisure and luxury, increased criminal activity, and the day and night cycle.
- Main article: Snowfall
Snowfall is the second expansion pack announced for Cities: Skylines. The central focus of Snowfall introduces the weather system, including rain, fog, and snowfall. New transportation methods are introduced, such as tram lines. Snowplow services can maintain the shape of the roads to keep traffic flowing. Water-based heating systems can meet demands for warmth.
Digital Deluxe EditionEdit
The Digital Deluxe Edition can be purchased separately or together with Cities: Skylines. The Digital Deluxe Edition requires the main game. The content pack contains five real-life historical monuments:
The deluxe edition also includes fourteen unique soundtracks and a digital art book containing 32 hand-drawn concepts behind the buildings.
The pre-order content was only available to those who have purchased Cities: Skylines prior to the release of the game. As of June 2016, all five parks became available in the base game content.
The pre-order content included:
- Five parks
- Basketball court
- Botanical garden
- Bouncy castle
- Dog park
- Digital postcards
- Concept art book
System requirementsEditPlease do also note that Cities: Skylines is also avalible on Xbox one and PS4.
OS: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (64-bit)
OS: Microsoft Windows 7/8 (64-bit)
OS: OS X 10.9 (64-bit)
OS: OS X 10.10 (64-bit)
OS: Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit)
OS: Ubuntu 14.10 (64-bit)
- ↑ Cities: Skylines. Paradox Interactive.
- ↑ Cities: Skylines After Dark. Paradox Interactive. 8 August 2015.
- ↑ "Cities: Skylines Snowfall". Paradox Interactive. 19 January 2016.
- ↑ Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition. Paradox Interactive.
- ↑ Pre-order on the main website. Paradox Interactive.
- ↑ "CO word of the week #12 - 23/2016 + Patch notes 1.5.0". Paradox Interactive. 8 June 2016.